IISER Thiruvananthapuram | PhD Admission 2018 | Spring Semester | Notification & Important Dates | September 2017
Last date: Oct 10, 2017
Greetings from Team Info4EEE !!!
Dear Readers, If you are looking for PhD Admission at IIT/IISc/Others top most institute of India then this post is for you. We are happy to inform you that Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Thiruvananthapuram is inviting online application form for PhD admission in the spring semester of session 2017-18. This announcement is important for those electrical post graduate who wants to do their research in the medical field.
IISER inviting application form for PhD admission 2018 in following departments:
- Biological Sciences,
- Chemical Sciences and
- Physical Sciences.
While an electrical post graduate can apply only in Physical sciences.
Candidate should have following qualification to apply for PhD admission 2018:
- Biological Sciences: Candidate should have Master’s degree OR five year degree in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Agricultural Sciences OR Veterinary Sciences after intermediate. Candidate who have a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS) can also apply for PhD admission. Candidate should have 60 % of marks OR 6.5 CGPA on 10 scale in their respective course. Candidate should have qualified national level test like CSIR-UGC-JRF, DBT-JRF (Category I), ICMR-JRF, GATE (Ecology and Evolution) with validity up to January 01, 2018 and JGEEBILS (GS-2017).
- Chemical Sciences: Candidate should have Master’s degree in chemical sciences or equivalent. Candidate should be qualified in respective degree with minimum of 60 % marks. Candidate should have qualified any national level test like CSIR-UGC-JRF/GATE examinations with validity up to January 01, 2018 or DST INSPIRE PhD fellowship.
- Physical Sciences: Candidate should have Master’s degree in Physics, Materials Science, Engineering (Biomedical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Electronic, and Communication Engineering). Candidate should have minimum of 60 % of marks in their respective degree. Candidate should have qualified any national level test like GATE, CSIR-UGC-JRF, JEST-2017 and INSPIRE PhD Fellowship with validity up to January 01, 2018.
Candidate have following research area to apply for PhD admission 2018:
- Biological Sciences: Immune cell biology, Animal Behavior and Ecology, Structural molecular biology, Plant molecular genetics, Genome stability, Evolutionary ecology, Drosophila Development and energy homeostasis, Centromere biology, Stem Cell Biology, Circadian rhythm and sleep, Molecular genetics and Molecular Virology.
- Chemical Sciences: Inorganic and organometallic chemistry, Organic synthesis, Medicinal chemistry, Carbohydrate chemistry, Chemical Biology, Organic Synthesis/DNA Nanotechnology/Supramolecular Chemistry, Solution and solid-state NMR spectroscopy, Inorganic & Materials Chemistry, Development of new synthetic strategies, C–H activations and Asymmetric catalysis, Planar pi-conjugated and extended macrocyclic systems, Photochemistry, Photophysics, Nanomaterials, Nanoclusters, Biomass conversion, Hybrid inorganic-organic materials chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, Ultrafast Spectroscopy, Asymmetric synthesis and Catalysis, Bio inspired coordination chemistry, and Fuel cells and electro-catalysis
- Physical Sciences: FET based biological neural activity mimicking and 2D Nanohybrids Design, Biomedical instrumentation and imaging: photoacoustic microscopy and tomography, Multifunctional nanostructured materials and energy applications, 2-Dimensional layered nanomaterials, Engineering electron flow in two-dimensional systems, Transport in nanoscale devices, Random lasers, PT symmetric Optics and Photonic crystals, and Power electronics materials and devices, High-throughput materials informatics.
Also Read: IIT-Indore Ph.D. Admission 2018 | Spring Semester | Notification & Important Dates | September 2017
As per the government norms for respective scholarships schemes.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interview based on which candidate will be selected for PhD programme.
- Fill Online application form.
- Upload all necessary documents online.
- submit application fee online.
- Need to submit the name of two referee.
- No need to send printout of the application form.
- For GEN/OBC: Rs. 200 Only.
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 100 Only.
- Online Application started on: Sep 09, 2017.
- Last date for online application: Oct 10, 2017.
- Announcement of Shortlisted candidates: Oct 20, 2017.
- Interview will be on: Nov 20-24, 2017.