IIT Guwahati PhD/MS(Research) Admission 2018 (Autumn Semester) Notification | Apply Online
Guwahati: Friends, there is a good news for Engineering and Sciences candidates who are looking a premier Institute for enroll your PhD/MS(Research) courses in autumn semester 2018. Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IIT Guwahati) invites the online application for Research Scholar in PhD courses from the students of Engineering and Science discipline. Interested candidates may apply online on before April 16, 2018 against the advertisement of IIT Tirupati PhD/MS(Research) Admission 2018 for autumn semester.
**Details of IIT Guwahati PhD Admission 2018**
Applicant can apply for the following categories in PhD admission 2018
Categories for PhD Admission:
- Full Time Research Student: In full time PhD program,
- Candidate may get scholarship from MHRD or funded by Institute.
- Candidate may also get financial support from Government or Semi Government agencies through QIP, CSIR, UGC, NET, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, ICCR, ICAR, ICMR, GPAT, NDF, INSPIRE etc.
- Candidate may be sponsored by their organisation.
- Candidate may be self-financed.
- Part Time Research Student: Part time Phd program is only for Internal candidates who may be working in as JRF/SRF in R&D projects or Faculty/Staff at IIT Guwahati.
IIT Guwahati invites research proposal for PhD admission 2018 in the concerned department which is given below:
Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Philosophy, English and Economics, Centre for the Environment, Centre for Energy, Centre for Nanotechnology, Centre for Linguistic Science and Technology, Centre for Rural Technology
- for research area details kindly visit the detailed notification.
Such Candidates are eligible for PhD admission 2018 who matches following terms:
- M.E./M.Tech in Engineering or equivalent degree from a UGC/AICTE approved Institute/University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade.
- B.E./B.Tech with minimum 70% marks or equivalent grade and M.Sc./M.A./MBA/M.Com with minimum 55% marks from a UGC/AICTE approved Institute/University.
- Valid GATE/NET Scorecard.
- UGC-NET Lectureship
- Minimum 02 years professional experience.
- M.Tech/M.E./M.Arch./M.Sc./ degree from IITs/IIScs/NITs/CFTI/SFTI only required a valid GATE/JAM/JEST/CAT Scorecard.
Final Selected candidates in PhD admission 2018 will receive a fixed amount of fellowship given by institute:
- M.Sc./M.A. with Net/Gate qualified candidates will be eligible for Institute fellowship of Rs. 25000/- pm for 02 years after that it will be increased up to Rs.28000/-
- B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch with Net/Gate and M.Tech/M.Arch candidates will be eligible for Institute fellowship of Rs. 25000/- pm for 02 years after that it will be increased up to Rs.28000/-.
- Additional Financial support will provide during the course for research work/international conferences.
- Written test*
*as per GATE Exam syllabus
How to Apply for IIT Guwahati PhD Admission 2018:
- Applicant must register online to fill the application form in relevant discipline.
- Sperate application form has submitted, if candidates may apply more than one discipline.
- Applicant needs to show application form at the time of Interview.
Application fee will be submitted through bank draft in the Institute at the time of written test/interview, There is no need to pay the application fee at the time to apply for PhD admission 2018 autumn semester.
- GEN/All others – Rs. 300/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Women – Rs. 150/-
- Last date to apply online: April 16, 2018
- Tentative dates for written/interview – to be notified by emails/display on website