IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2018 (Autumn Semester) Notifications | Apply Online
Greetings from Team Info4EEE !!!
Dear Readers, today we come back with a good news for Engineering and Sciences background peoples who are looking a premier Institute to enroll your PhD courses in autumn semester 2018. We are happy to inform you that Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR) invites the online application for Research Scholar in PhD courses from the students of Engineering, Science and Management disciplines against the advertisement of IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2018 autumn semester on before March 20, 2018.
**Details of IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2018**
There are following categories for PhD Admission:
- Full Time Research Student: Under this category student may get scholarship from MHRD. Student may also get financial support from Government or Semi Government agencies through QIP, CSIR, UGC, NET, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, ICCR, ICAR, ICMR, GPAT, NDF, INSPIRE etc. Student may be sponsored by their organisation. Student may be self-financed. Student may be working on a R & D project of IITR.
- Part Time Research Student: Under this category candidate should be employee of the institute. candidate may be in the project of the institute. Candidate working in other institute which have research centre approved by IITR.
IITR inviting application form for PhD admission in following department:
Roorkee Campus: Alternate Hydro Energy Centre, Architecture and Planning, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Hydrology, Institute Instrumentation Centre, Management Studies, Mathematics, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Physics, Water Resources Development and Management, Centre for Transportation Systems, Centre for Nanotechnology, Centre for Disaster Mitigation & Management.
Saharanpur Campus: Applied Science & Engineering, Polymer & Process Engineering, Paper Technology.
Candidate should have anyone qualification out of given below:
- He should have Master or equivalent with minimum 6 CGPA on 10 scale OR 60 % marks in aggregate of all years. Candidate should have qualified national level graduate test like GATE, UGC-NET, CSIR-NET or equivalent. This condition is not mandatory for a sponsored candidate.
- He should have B.Tech/B.Arch degree or equivalent from CFTIs with minimum CGPA of 7.00 on a 10 point
scale or 70% marks with GATE. If candidate Graduates from the IITs with a CGPA score of 8.00 or above (on scale of 10) then he will get assistantship without GATE.
- He should be regular student of IITR with minimum 8.5 CGPA on 10 scale. He has lateral entry option to PhD.
GATE/NET qualified candidates will be eligible for MHRD Sponsered research fellowship as below:
- Rs.25,000/- +HRA for first two years.
- Rs.28,000/- +HRA after two years.
- Written Test depends on respective department.
- For GEN/OBC: Rs. 200 Only.
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 100 Only.
How to Apply:
Candidates must follow the following Steps while applying online Application Form.
- Click on Apply Online and Register yourself with a valid email address.
- Login with registered email id and fill the application form in concern department at which you wants to apply for PhD course.
- Deposit required application fee as per your eligibility.
- Download the application form and send with required documents to IIT Roorkee on before March 26, 2018.
The PG ADMISSION OFFICE, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROORKEE, ROORKEE247667, UTTARAKHAND
- Last date for online application for PhD Admission 2018 - March 20, 2018
- Last date to submit hard copy of application at IIT Roorkee –March 26, 2018
- Written Test and Interview – April 03-04, 2018
Leave your query about PhD Admission 2018 at IITR in below mentioned comment box. You can also submit useful information related to PhD admission 2018at IITR in comment box. To get regular updates from INFO4EEE subscribe us with your email id and Like our page to get Facebook notifications.